4.1.15

Marrakech diaries

Loves, Happy New Year! I just came back from a truly relaxing and inspiring holiday, which I needed, and by needed, I mean really, really, really needed. Although I am not one for New Years Resolutions and reflecting back on the previous year - I feel that goals should be set and reflections should be made throughout the year, and not just because it is the 31st of December or the 1st of January - this vacation to Marrakech got me thinking. Most of the time I see myself - and I hope others see me the same way - as an enthusiastic and optimistic person. These past few months have been hard on me at times and have really challenged my mentality to stay positive. I felt my energy level slowly going downhill and there were days that I had lost my enthusiasm in working and basically, getting my ass out of bed. However, I signed up for this year of being member of the V.U.G.S.-board (you can read more about this in this article) because I wanted to take up a challenge, and that is what I got! And I am thankful for it! I believe that the tough times make you acknowledge and appreciate the easy, effortless times - there has to be a certain balance. I get to do a lot of thinking about myself this year, due to all the responsibilities my fellow board members and I take on, but also due to the fact that I have to deal with obligations, opinions, thresholds and bumps in the road. I can't really put my finger on specific learning experiences or moments so far, but I feel that I am becoming wiser, less naive, more grown-up, less chaotic, less nervous, more decisive and more experienced in general. These developments are important to me and reflecting back on my decision to sign up for a year in the board, these were the developments that I wanted to achieve back then!
So here's to developments, adventures and new experiences and insights in 2015!
Back to the main objective of this post; showing you all the wonders of Marrakech! Because boy, Marrakech has its wonders. The sun did me so well, as did the food, the architecture, the colours, the materials, the ideas and values of another culture. It is a different world compared to the Netherlands in almost every aspect of society, and I found it interesting to immerse myself in it for one week. I now better understand why occasionally Dutch and Moroccan communities in the Netherlands collide. It takes time and effort to understand one another, and I think both parties have a lot of (unjust) prejudices. During my trip, I posted a lot of photos on my Instagram @confashionsaimee as well, so if you are interested in more pictures, then take a look! Talk to you soon :) xxx

2 comments:

  1. Wat een prachtige foto's zeg! Marrakech lijkt me zo geweldig om naar toe te gaan. :) Liefs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)